Eric Boullier happy with Lotus’ Bahrain efforts
- Credit: Archant
Hethel-backed Lotus picked up a double podium finish in Barhain for the second time in two seasons to continue their good start to the season
It was qualifying effectively killed off the hopes of anything better than the second and third-placed finishes brought hom by Kimi Raikkonen and Romain Grosjean respectively, as Sebastian Vettel sauntered to another grand prix win.
However, Lotus team principal believes there is plenty to work on.
'I have to be happy obviously,' he told Autosport. 'It is a great result for the team. We worked very hard and everybody back in Enstone built up very well, so we had a nice weekend.
'We had a little bit of a blow in qualifying, but it was a good recovery from the positions on the grid. It is clearly good, and an even better point as well is that Romain is clearly now back on track.'
Boullier added: 'Here we are again, just like in 2012. This time around though it was much more difficult – especially after a qualifying performance that fell below our expectations.
'But we've shown flashes of pace throughout the weekend and confirmed that speed when it mattered.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 9 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 10 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
'The win was not quite within our reach after the start we made, but to come away with a double podium when the top six would maybe have been a more realistic pre-race target was a great performance from everybody involved.'