England v Australia rematch to be held at Norfolk Polo festival
An England v Australia rematch is set to get the blood pumping at the Langley Abbey Estate during the first weekend in July.
Now in its third year, the Norfolk Polo Festival goes from strength to strength with fast and furious action being staged at the historic venue, near Loddon, on July 6 and 7.
Earlier this year, Hurlingham Polo Assoc-iation, with the support of Etihad Airlines, sent an England 21 and under side to play against an Australian Colts side. Putting on an impressive show early on, they won all their warm-up matches, but came up short in the test match, so are hoping to win on home soil.
The Australian Polo Association has accepted the invitation of the HPA to send a team to the UK to play the return leg at the Norfolk Polo Festival.
'It is very exciting to be able to bring international polo to Norfolk and we hope that England v Australia in an Ashes year will be the great contest that sporting occasions between the two countries always tend to be,' said Oliver Hughes, deputy chief executive of the Hurlingham Polo Association.
You may also want to watch:
The festival, which is again sponsored by Coutts & Co with the EDP returning as media partners, also includes children's entertainment, shopping arcade and refreshments. Gates open at 11am on both days; adult tickets £10; children 12 and under, free. Limited pitch-side parking is available on the day at £20 per car. All payments are via cash on the gate. The 'after party' on Saturday is in the VIP marquee from 7pm – £10 on the door.
Tickets are also available for the VIP enclosure, which allow viewing from private lawns, while sipping champagne and enjoying food from Brasteds. Brasteds VIP tickets are available for both days. Saturday tickets include exclusive parking, Pimms reception, canapés on the lawn, a sit-down two-course lunch, afternoon tea and free entry to the after party at £115 per person. Sunday tickets include parking, entry to the VIP marquee and buffet lunch at £55 per adult or £20 per child.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
For further information, email email@example.com or call 01508 491112.
For further information about the Norfolk Polo Festival, visit www.norfolkpolo.co.uk.