England Athletics recognise volunteers from City of Norwich Athletics Club
- Credit: Submitted
Three City of Norwich Athletics Club (CONAC) members have received special awards for their service as volunteers.
England Athletics support officer for Norfolk, Tania Spurling, attended the first Sportshall League Meeting held at Taverham on Saturday to recognise the three volunteers.
Keith Yellop (honorary president of Norfolk Sportshall League) and Helen Stubbs (chairman of the Norfolk Sportshall League) both received England Athletics Service to Athletics Regional Awards for their years of commitment in developing Sportshall within (CONAC) and the county.
As a result of their hard work and efforts, CONAC members have enjoyed great success over the years, most recently producing the under-15 boys champions, third place for the under-13 girls and individual champion, Ashley Cooper, at the 2014 UK Sportshall Championships.
Mike de Silva, who lives in Cambridge, was nominated by CONAC as he has never missed starting all of the Norfolk Sportshall meetings. He was awarded the Regional Officials Award for his dedication and commitment.
You may also want to watch:
As well as starting all of the Norfolk Sportshall meetings, de Silva also starts many county and club matches and mentors new starters in Norfolk.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 10 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich