England... Are you Norwich in disguise?
- Credit: PA
For many the feelings of anger, disappointment – and possibly resentment – of watching England will have been all too familiar.
That's because in many ways following the country is just like following our beloved Norwich City.
And here are some reasons why.
1. They build your hopes up – just to knock them down.
You may also want to watch:
2. England came flying out of the traps against both Italy and Uruguay – but then as the game wore on it all started to go wrong.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 9 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures
- 10 Man ran onto train tracks to escape Covid police
3. Luiz Suarez loves to play against England. He also enjoyed playing against the Canaries... At least he can't bother us next season.
4. At various moments you believe they may be turning a corner and playing well – and then they let in a goal.
5. The style of football isn't exactly one for the purists, or what the fans crave.