England... Are you Norwich in disguise?
- Credit: PA
For many the feelings of anger, disappointment – and possibly resentment – of watching England will have been all too familiar.
That's because in many ways following the country is just like following our beloved Norwich City.
And here are some reasons why.
1. They build your hopes up – just to knock them down.
You may also want to watch:
2. England came flying out of the traps against both Italy and Uruguay – but then as the game wore on it all started to go wrong.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 10 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
3. Luiz Suarez loves to play against England. He also enjoyed playing against the Canaries... At least he can't bother us next season.
4. At various moments you believe they may be turning a corner and playing well – and then they let in a goal.
5. The style of football isn't exactly one for the purists, or what the fans crave.