Enfield Town 2 Lowestoft Town 2
Lowestoft had to settle for a point after letting a two-goal lead slip from their grip at Enfield.
The Trawlerboys were forced into a late change to their starting line-up when skipper Dan Gleeson broke down in the pre-match warm-up, but on the plus side Curtley Williams was fit again after missing the last eight games through injury.
Enfield started the game the stronger and should have taken a first-minute lead with Liam Hope getting behind the Blues rearguard only to be denied by a superb single-handed save from Ashlee Jones.
Enfield threatened again and it took a last-gasp tackle from Jack Ainsley to thwart Adam Wallace.
But Lowestoft slowly took control and a perfect through ball from Williams released Lee Smith, who screwed his shot just wide of the post. Chris Henderson and Andrew Fisk combined to set up Curtis Haynes-Brown, but his 25-yard drive was just off target.
You may also want to watch:
It was no surprise when Lowestoft took the lead in the 38th minute. Another surging run down the left by Haynes-Brown took the full-back to the byeline where he played the ball low into the six-yard box for Lee Smith to prod home at the near post.
Enfield were still looking dangerous on the break and Sam Gaughran acted quickly to block a close-range effort from Hope.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
Lowestoft started the second period on top and increased their lead after 53 minutes. Gaughran fed the ball to Erkan Okay whose excellent pass split the defence for Michael Frew to shoot past the keeper from 12 yards.
Enfield pulled a goal back five minutes later when the second of two left wing corners was played to the far post where the giant Chris Wild out-jumped everyone to head home.
Lowestoft responded with Robert Eagle cutting inside two defenders before curling his shot just wide and Frew's close-range effort was blocked on the line by Stevens after a low Henderson cross. Eagle was again close to restoring the two-goal advantage but his shot from 30 yards was pushed round the post by Noel Imber.
Then, with seven minutes remaining, came the equaliser as Tyler Campbell's pass dissected the defence for Corey Whiteley to shoot past Jones from 12 yards.
Enfield: Imber, Lockie, Stevens, McCluskey, Kirby, Wild, Allen, Osei (Campbell 59)), Hope (Matata 82), Wallace, Whiteley. Subs not used: Kendall, White, Hammatt.
Lowestoft: Jones, Williams, Haynes-Brown, Okay, Henderson, Gaughran, L Smith, Fisk, Frew, J Ainsley, Eagle. Subs not used: Doddington, A Smith, S Ainsley, Tarawali, Viner