Enfield Town 2 Lowestoft Town 2 – Win snatched away late on
- Credit: David Horn/Focus Images Limited
An injury-time goal snatched the opportunity of taking all three points away from Lowestoft at Enfield, as the Blues were pegged back for the second time in the game.
The Trawlerboys were looking for their third league win on the spin and top scorer Jake Reed put them ahead in the 31st minute.
The hosts replied just a minute later through Tyler Campbell but it was the Blues who went into the break with the lead.
It was that man Reed again in the 40th minute, taking his tally for the season to 13 and scoring his fifth in two games following his hat-trick in the 5-2 win at Kingstonian on Saturday.
However, Campbell also doubled his tally for the night as the match went into injury-time, to deny the visitors, with Enfield also being reduced to 10 men before the end of the encounter.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft return to action on Saturday when they host lowly Worthing at Crown Meadow (3pm kick-off).
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 6 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 7 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 8 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 9 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?