Empresa Norfolk League: Dereham make it five straight wins
- Credit: Archant
Dereham II lead the way in the Premier Division after beating newly promoted Thetford 5-0 to make it five straight wins.
After a goalless first half the home side took the lead when a rebound from a Krissy Barnard effort was put away by Becca Taylor. Grace Creswell quickly made it 2-0 with a fantastic strike and the third came from fine passing work from Bex Hazell, finished off by Gina Steggall. Further goals from Creswell and Taylor completed the scoring.
Hann Tarry was awarded player-of-the-match for a fine all-round display.
Dereham lead the way on goal difference from Loddon, who maintained their own 100pc record with a 5-0 win over Diss.
Broadland were involved in another end-to-end exhibition of attacking hockey and last-ditch defending as they battled out at 1-1 draw with local rivals Norwich City III. Milly Brown put City ahead in the 14th minute when she ghosted past the last defender, her well struck shot deceiving Lauren Halliwell.
You may also want to watch:
Broadland's equaliser came soon after the break when Holley Becker swept past the onrushing defender at a penalty corner.
Norwich Dragons III were also emphatic winners, returning from Harleston Magpies IV with the top flight's third 5-0 result of the day.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
There was no stopping Dragons from the moment Caroline Wolfe opened the scoring and further goals came from Pollyanna Watson, Sophie Farrow, player-of-the-match Lucy Hopgood and Wolfe with her second.
Evergreens are new leaders in Division One after edging past previously unbeaten Lowestoft Railway 2-1. Harleston Magpies V are now second after beating Reepham 1-0.
Broadland II's Nikki Baker scored an unusual goal in their 5-0 win against Watton II at Taverham. Leading at the break through goals from Tamsin Highfield, Izzie London and Nikki Kent Broadland were coasting to victory when Baker burst down the right and, looking to cross as she entered the circle, cut across the ball to such an extent that it arched high into the air and curved majestically into the goal in between upright and bar. Baker scored again somewhat less spectacularly a few minutes later as Broadland ran out comfortable winners.
Norwich Dragons V secured a nailbiting second win in Division Two against Norwich City V with two excellent goals scored by Rosie Korn and Issy Wolfe.
UEA III and Dereham V lead the way in this section after winning all five of their games.