Emma Wilson leads the way for Beccles Royales Gymnastics Club
Emma Wilson from Beccles Royales Gymnastic Club, recently took part in Suffolk's first ever General Gymnastics Level One and Two competition at Pipers Vale, Ipswich, for gymnasts who train for a limited amount of hours per week.
Emma, the only entrant from Beccles Royales competed in the eight to nine age group against six gymnasts from another clubs and was nervous – but this was soon overcome once the competition got under way.
The individual four-piece apparatus event saw Emma successfully achieve a silver medal on the vault.
Her next piece was the beam, where she completed her six moves with only a few minor errors, earning a second silver of the day. Due to complex rule changes Emma did not compete on the bars, but performed her final piece on the floor. Unfortunately due to a few small errors, she just missed out on another medal.
But Emma was extremely pleased with her excellent performance and is now looking forward to taking part in the Royales' first in-house competition for 15 years.
You may also want to watch:
Club coach Donald Carr said: ' Emma has done extremely well in the competition.'
For further information about the club, you can contact the secretary on 01502 716852.
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship