Ellis enjoys clean sweep
The Yare Sailing Club ran their annual Reedham Regatta on Saturday. Despite the strong and gusty winds, with occasional showers, eight well reefed yachts entered the first race on Saturday afternoon.
The Yare Sailing Club ran their annual Reedham Regatta on Saturday.
Despite the strong and gusty winds, with occasional showers, eight well reefed yachts entered the first race on Saturday afternoon. A number found the conditions too heavy and retired, leaving just three finishers, led home by John Ellis on Stratus. Unfortunately the proposed evening crew's race had to be cancelled due to the poor weather.
It was still windy on Sunday and Stratus again came first.
Only four boats went out in the afternoon, and although Dryad (David Walker) took line honours this time, he could not save his time on Ellis, who again won.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch