Ellis enjoys clean sweep
The Yare Sailing Club ran their annual Reedham Regatta on Saturday. Despite the strong and gusty winds, with occasional showers, eight well reefed yachts entered the first race on Saturday afternoon.
The Yare Sailing Club ran their annual Reedham Regatta on Saturday.
Despite the strong and gusty winds, with occasional showers, eight well reefed yachts entered the first race on Saturday afternoon. A number found the conditions too heavy and retired, leaving just three finishers, led home by John Ellis on Stratus. Unfortunately the proposed evening crew's race had to be cancelled due to the poor weather.
It was still windy on Sunday and Stratus again came first.
Only four boats went out in the afternoon, and although Dryad (David Walker) took line honours this time, he could not save his time on Ellis, who again won.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 4 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 7 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 8 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st