Elite League top two King’s Lynn Stars and Poole Pirates ready to lock horns at Norfolk Arena
- Credit: IAN BURT
Speedway fans could be witnessing an Elite League Grand Final dress rehearsal at the Norfolk Arena this evening.
King's Lynn Stars, top, and second-place Poole Pirates lock horns at Saddlebow Road with both sides looking certain to reach the end-of-season showcase. And with just two other clubs set to appear alongside the duo in the play-offs, it wouldn't be a surprise if the best that the British scene in 2014 has to offer meet again after tonight to determine this year's top-flight champions.
Poole, who won the title last term, arrive in scintillating form but will have to produce their best if they are to end the Stars' unbeaten home record. Lynn beat the south coast giants 47-43 at the NA earlier this term and are yet to taste a reverse on their own shale during their record-breaking campaign.
Home boss Rob Lyon has named a full-strength team after Lewis Kerr declared himself fit to ride following a hand injury. Lynn head into the meeting with added confidence having won at Belle Vue last time out, but with two former Stars in the opposing line-up, the clash will be no walkover.
Poole track Darcy Ward and Maciej Janowski in their line up. However, they'll be without without Shamek Pawlicki due to Polish championship commitments, so Coventry's Chris Harris will provide cover.
You may also want to watch:
Pirates boss Neil Middleditch told the Bournemouth Echo: 'Our next two meetings will provide a huge indication as to who will be in the top four at the end of the season. King's Lynn have been good all year but we've hit a good patch and I feel that if we can come away with a point up there, it will be a job well done. It will be tough as we've got no Shamek, but Bomber (Harris) has proved himself up there so we're looking for some good stuff from him.'
- 1 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 6 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 9 'Business as usual' as shopping mall enters administration
- 10 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Nicklas Porsing, 3 Rory Schlein, 4 Robert Lambert, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Lewis Rose
Poole: 1 Darcy Ward, 2. Vaclav Milik, 3. Chris Harris (Guest), 4. Josh Grajczonek, 5. Maciej Janowski, 6. Kyle Newman, 7. Benji Compton
- For updates from tonight's meeting, and all your latest Stars news and views, follow our speedway reporter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.