Elite League top two King’s Lynn Stars and Poole Pirates ready to lock horns at Norfolk Arena
- Credit: IAN BURT
Speedway fans could be witnessing an Elite League Grand Final dress rehearsal at the Norfolk Arena this evening.
King's Lynn Stars, top, and second-place Poole Pirates lock horns at Saddlebow Road with both sides looking certain to reach the end-of-season showcase. And with just two other clubs set to appear alongside the duo in the play-offs, it wouldn't be a surprise if the best that the British scene in 2014 has to offer meet again after tonight to determine this year's top-flight champions.
Poole, who won the title last term, arrive in scintillating form but will have to produce their best if they are to end the Stars' unbeaten home record. Lynn beat the south coast giants 47-43 at the NA earlier this term and are yet to taste a reverse on their own shale during their record-breaking campaign.
Home boss Rob Lyon has named a full-strength team after Lewis Kerr declared himself fit to ride following a hand injury. Lynn head into the meeting with added confidence having won at Belle Vue last time out, but with two former Stars in the opposing line-up, the clash will be no walkover.
Poole track Darcy Ward and Maciej Janowski in their line up. However, they'll be without without Shamek Pawlicki due to Polish championship commitments, so Coventry's Chris Harris will provide cover.
You may also want to watch:
Pirates boss Neil Middleditch told the Bournemouth Echo: 'Our next two meetings will provide a huge indication as to who will be in the top four at the end of the season. King's Lynn have been good all year but we've hit a good patch and I feel that if we can come away with a point up there, it will be a job well done. It will be tough as we've got no Shamek, but Bomber (Harris) has proved himself up there so we're looking for some good stuff from him.'
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover
Lynn: 1 Niels-Kristian Iversen, 2 Nicklas Porsing, 3 Rory Schlein, 4 Robert Lambert, 5 Kenneth Bjerre, 6 Lewis Kerr, 7 Lewis Rose
Poole: 1 Darcy Ward, 2. Vaclav Milik, 3. Chris Harris (Guest), 4. Josh Grajczonek, 5. Maciej Janowski, 6. Kyle Newman, 7. Benji Compton
- For updates from tonight's meeting, and all your latest Stars news and views, follow our speedway reporter by clicking on the link on the right-hand side of this page.