Elite League King’s Lynn Stars so depleted they name guest boss for trip to Poole Pirates
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn will face another tough away test as they travel to Elite League powerhouses Poole this evening.
The Stars have suffered two straight defeats on the road and will now face the high-flying Pirates – who have won the title for the last three seasons in a row – in a difficult encounter.
Rob Lyon's side suffered a heavy 65-25 defeat on their last visit and it won't get any easier this time with team boss Lyon and co-promoter Dale Allitt unavailable meaning Somerset boss Garry May steps in to take charge for the night.
Lyon said: 'We know it will be tough, it always is down there, and we have a makeshift team again which is unfortunate.
'Unfortunately myself and Dale are both unable to attend for personal reasons, so we'd like to thank Garry for stepping in as our team manager.'
You may also want to watch:
Lynn have drafted in Chris Harris and Robert Branford to guest for Niels-Kristian Iversen (Danish League) and Simon Lambert (injury) while Poole will track Rohan Tungate and Edward Kennett for Hans Andersen and Krzysztof Buczkowski (both injured). Chris Holder will make a late call on his fitness with the Pirates set to operate rider-replacement if he misses out.
Poole: 1 Chris Holder, 2 Adam Ellis, 3 Rohan Tungate (Guest), 4 Brady Kurtz, 5 Edward Kennett (G), 6 Bjarne Pedersen, 7 Kyle Newman
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 10 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
Lynn: 1 Chris Harris (G), 2 Robert Branford (G), 3 Robert Lambert, 4 Kai Huckenbeck, 5 Troy Batchelor, 6 Nicklas Porsing, 7 Carl Wilkinson
The Young Stars last night lost 53-37 at Isle of Wight.