Elite League: Belle Vue Aces 50, King’s Lynn Stars 40
- Credit: Ian Burt
The King's Lynn Stars came away empty handed from Belle Vue last night despite a promising start to the fixture.
Captain Mads Korneliussen led the way for the Stars as he scored 11, paid 12, points which included being unbeaten from his first three rides. Niels-Kristian Iversen and Richie Worrall both provided back up with 8+1 and 7+1 respectively.
King's Lynn gained a 4-2 advantage in the opening race through Iversen and new recruit Lasse Bjerre, but their lead didn't last long, as the home side pulled the scores level with a 4-2 in heat four.
By heat 10 the Stars had pulled the scores level as Korneliussen and Worrall picked up a 5-1 after falling four points behind in the previous race. In the final five heats, the Stars fell apart. Iversen could only split the home pair of Ostergaard and Zetterstrom in heat 11, while in heat 12, Korneliussen and Kerr were on the receiving end of a 5-1.
A retirement from Iversen in heat 13 handed the home side maximum points from the meeting as the final two races of the night were shared with home riders taking the flag on both occasions.
You may also want to watch:
Belle Vue Aces: Matej Zagar 9 (4), Craig Cook 13+1 (5), Kevin Wolbert 7+2 (5), Magnus Zetterstrom 7+1 (5), Ulrich Ostergaard 6 (5), Ales Dryml 8 (6)
King's Lynn: Niels-Kristian Iversen 8+1 (5), Lasse Bjerre 4+1 (4), Mads Korneliussen 11+1 (5), Richie Worrall 7+1 (4), Rory Schlein 3 (4), Lewis Kerr (guest) 2+1 (4), Andzejs Lebedevs 5+1 (5)
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship