North Walsham Raiders move up to second in table
North Walsham Raiders moved back to second place in Greene King EC1 North with a 45-10 win over Norwich Union.
A try after just 35 seconds from full-back Harry Dye got the scoreboard rolling and further tries came from coach Johnny Marsters (2), Bill Vurewa, George Rossi, Seb Roberts and Henry Hunt, with Lee Thomson adding five conversions.
Union’s try scorers were Graham Hunt and Ryan Day.
Raiders moved above Diss Saracens who were beaten 19-10 by an improving Beccles side.
Beccles trailed 12-10 at the break, with Harmer slotting over a penalty and converting his own try, which was set up by Holtzer to score all of the hosts’ points.
You may also want to watch:
Harmer then converted three penalties after the interval to seal a hard-fought win as the home side’s forward power won the day.
For the second weekend running leaders Fakenham were left idle by the weather, with their fixture at Swaffham being called off.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham