North Walsham Raiders move up to second in table
North Walsham Raiders moved back to second place in Greene King EC1 North with a 45-10 win over Norwich Union.
A try after just 35 seconds from full-back Harry Dye got the scoreboard rolling and further tries came from coach Johnny Marsters (2), Bill Vurewa, George Rossi, Seb Roberts and Henry Hunt, with Lee Thomson adding five conversions.
Union’s try scorers were Graham Hunt and Ryan Day.
Raiders moved above Diss Saracens who were beaten 19-10 by an improving Beccles side.
Beccles trailed 12-10 at the break, with Harmer slotting over a penalty and converting his own try, which was set up by Holtzer to score all of the hosts’ points.
Harmer then converted three penalties after the interval to seal a hard-fought win as the home side’s forward power won the day.
For the second weekend running leaders Fakenham were left idle by the weather, with their fixture at Swaffham being called off.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 3 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 4 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 5 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
- 6 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 New Burger King site approved in city centre
- 9 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed