Norfolk sides start well in RFU’s Eastern Counties Shield competition
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham got their Eastern Counties Shield campaign off to a winning start when they saw off visitors Hadleigh 33-14.
North Walsham Raiders were also successful as the competition between the top regional sides got under way, cruising past Shelford III 62-5 at Scottow.
Disappointingly two games at a lower level were decided by walk-overs, with Norwich Union and Norwich Medics left idle.
Diss Saracens had an excellent 56-0 win over Cambridge Adventurers in the Plate.
Beccles were beaten 19-15 at home by Cantabrigian II in the Bowl while in the Salver both Norfolk teams had pleasing wins.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham saw off Stowmarket II 36-0 while Great Yarmouth Broadland beat visitors Haverhill and District 31-3, with the tries being scored by Ben Collings, Ben Burch, Shaun Howley and Jacob Wells.
A strong Norwich Union Firebirds side beat Wymondham III 44-12 (Rodney Arbon 3, Oli Ward 2, Adrien Marie-Francoise, Lloyd Davis, Chris De Main 3C,1P).
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week