Norfolk sides start well in RFU’s Eastern Counties Shield competition
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham got their Eastern Counties Shield campaign off to a winning start when they saw off visitors Hadleigh 33-14.
North Walsham Raiders were also successful as the competition between the top regional sides got under way, cruising past Shelford III 62-5 at Scottow.
Disappointingly two games at a lower level were decided by walk-overs, with Norwich Union and Norwich Medics left idle.
Diss Saracens had an excellent 56-0 win over Cambridge Adventurers in the Plate.
Beccles were beaten 19-15 at home by Cantabrigian II in the Bowl while in the Salver both Norfolk teams had pleasing wins.
You may also want to watch:
Swaffham saw off Stowmarket II 36-0 while Great Yarmouth Broadland beat visitors Haverhill and District 31-3, with the tries being scored by Ben Collings, Ben Burch, Shaun Howley and Jacob Wells.
A strong Norwich Union Firebirds side beat Wymondham III 44-12 (Rodney Arbon 3, Oli Ward 2, Adrien Marie-Francoise, Lloyd Davis, Chris De Main 3C,1P).
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 7 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 9 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 10 Paddy Davitt verdict: The end game is upon us