Thurlow Nunn round-up: Former Norwich City midfielder helps Wroxham maintain pressure at the top
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Wroxham kept up their fine form to maintain the pressure on leaders Stowmarket at the top of the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 2-0 win at Stanway Rovers.
Former Norwich City midfielder Simon Lappin opened the scoring from the penalty spot before Jordan King made sure of victory with a good finish. Leaders Stowmarket preserved their 13-point gap at the top with a 7-1 thrashing of Ely City but the Yachtsmen have two games in hand over the Suffolk side.
Norwich United are up to fourth in the table after they cruised to a 4-0 win at Woodbridge Town. Finlay Barnes opened the scoring with a calm finish before Liam Jackson doubled the Planters' advantage from the penalty spot. Jackson grabbed his second of the afternoon shortly after before Andy Eastuagh powered home a header to make it 4-0 before the break. Norwich had chances to extend their lead in the second period but the woodwork denied them on two occasions.
Nick Castellan was on the scoresheet in Swaffham Town's 1-1 draw at home to Haverhill Rovers whilst Thetford drew 2-2 with bottom side Hadleigh at home - Ross Bailey and Max Melanson getting the goals for the Brecklanders.
Aaron Sanders was on target for Gorleston but it couldn't stop Mildenhall taking the points in a 2-1 win whilst Kirkley & Pakefield went down to a 2-0 loss at Whitton United.
In Division One Downham closed the gap on leaders Mulbarton to two points after Wanderers were held to a 1-1 draw against King's Lynn Town Reserves.
Whilst Downham eased to a 4-0 win at Felixstowe & Walton Reserves courtesy of goals from Ben Baxter-Hunt, Isaac Boodworth, Robbie Priddle and Jack Gould, Mulbarton couldn't get the three points against the Linnets' second string in a 1-1 draw after Ben Thompson's opener was cancelled out.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 A coach 'filled with people' and a van crash on the NDR
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 6 Roadworks planned in Norfolk for this week
- 7 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 8 Theatre director's planning bid branded 'an attempt to rewrite history'
- 9 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 10 Heavy winds set to hit Norfolk as yellow weather warning issued
Harry Exley grabbed a hat-trick as Fakenham hammered Diss 6-1 at home whilst Great Yarmouth Town swept to a 3-0 victory over Needham Market Reserves - Jordan Attree getting his first goal for the Bloaters.
Norwich CBS were held to a 1-1 draw at Debenham LC as Sheringham claimed a point in a 2-2 draw at Wisbech St Mary. Dan Crosby and Tim Cary helped the Shannocks recover from 2-0 down.