East Women’s League: Lowestoft stun leaders
Harleston Magpies 2nds suffered a shock 2-1 defeat to Lowestoft on their return to Women's East League action.
Few could have tipped this would be the game in which the Division One North leaders would lose their unbeaten record.
They had beaten Lowestoft 7-0 when the teams met at Weybread, although the home side have clearly been transformed judging by the results in their previous six games.
Magpies started the game the stronger of the two sides and it didn't take long before Frances Taylor converted a short corner with an outstanding strike.
But the early setback seemed to light the burners in the home side, who regained the majority of the possession for a 10 minute spell and equalised before the interval before scoring the winner midway through the second half.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich City pulled to within a point of Division 2NE leaders Dragons by beating Old Buckenham 2-0 with two early goals from Emily Anthony.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 6 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 7 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 10 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000