East Men’s Hockey League roundup: Two in a row for Dereham
Dereham registered their second successive Premier A Division win as they beat lowly Havering 4-2 at home on Saturday.
Mark Hunter opened the scoring for the hosts with a drag flick from a short corner. Dereham remained in control but failed to add to their tally and Havering drew level before half-time.
After the break, Ric Timm had a shot stopped illegally on the line and Hunter calmly despatched the resulting penalty stroke.
Michael Timm extended Dereham's lead when he latched on to Mark Braybrook's through ball to score. Havering hit back immediately to set up a potentially nervy finish, but the Timm brothers combined to make it safe for Dereham, with Michael applying the finish for Dereham's fourth.
Norwich City remain bottom after their 2-0 defeat at Bedford.
You may also want to watch:
In Division 2N, Norwich Dragons were 5-1 winners at Cambridge Nomads II.
Rupert Snelling handed Dragons the lead but Cambridge pulled level from a penalty corner to make it all-square at the break.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
Snelling fired home from a penalty corner to restore Dragons' advantage before completing his hat-trick from another corner.
Dragons scored their fourth when Alex Browne followed up his own saved penalty corner strike to smash the ball into the net, before Snelling added his fourth of the game.
Norwich City II avenged a heavy defeat to Bury St Edmunds earlier in the season with a 3-2 win in the reverse fixture.
Chris Perry gave City the lead and then added a second from a penalty stroke. Bury scored twice before half-time to level it up, but Richard Silvester netted the winner in the second period.
In Division 3NE, City's third team racked up double figures in a 10-1 thrashing of bottom side Thetford Town. City's goals came from Guy Marchant (2), Mark Fletcher (2), Haren Patel, Duncan Harris, Chris Baker, John Grange, Simon Parsons and Paul Roy.
Division 6NE leaders Norwich Dragons III won 3-0 at Ipswich Cranes II, with the goals coming from Adrian Kemp (2) and George Walker.