East Harriers Pony Club wing their way to Easton
Adverse weather conditions combined with strategic action planning from the East Harriers Pony Club drew the Pony Club Regional Show Jumping to Easton College.
Over 240 novice, intermediate and open riders were given the opportunity to demonstrate their rider skills over the challenging courses built by Steve Dye and Sue Peasley.
Hilary Francois, who manages the centre and events, said: 'We were delighted to be able to host the event and to see so many new faces competing.
'This was an ideal opportunity to raise awareness of the exceptional equine facility available for hire as well as offering a potential pathway to further education here at Easton College.'
The Essex Branches had a successful event, with the Open Team from East Essex Reds of Sophie Reason, Lucy Knott, Alicia Wilkinson and Louise Hamilton triumphing.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, in the Novice competition some of the youngest riders beat their older counterparts – proving themselves to be stars of the future.
The Essex Hunt North Team of Charlotte Pegrum, Ward Ottley, Innes Harper and Ryder Hollington rode expertly to clinch the title.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park