East Harriers Pony Club wing their way to Easton
Adverse weather conditions combined with strategic action planning from the East Harriers Pony Club drew the Pony Club Regional Show Jumping to Easton College.
Over 240 novice, intermediate and open riders were given the opportunity to demonstrate their rider skills over the challenging courses built by Steve Dye and Sue Peasley.
Hilary Francois, who manages the centre and events, said: 'We were delighted to be able to host the event and to see so many new faces competing.
'This was an ideal opportunity to raise awareness of the exceptional equine facility available for hire as well as offering a potential pathway to further education here at Easton College.'
The Essex Branches had a successful event, with the Open Team from East Essex Reds of Sophie Reason, Lucy Knott, Alicia Wilkinson and Louise Hamilton triumphing.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, in the Novice competition some of the youngest riders beat their older counterparts – proving themselves to be stars of the future.
The Essex Hunt North Team of Charlotte Pegrum, Ward Ottley, Innes Harper and Ryder Hollington rode expertly to clinch the title.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 5 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 6 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Former factory site to become a new church
- 9 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 10 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode