East Coast 10K: Waveney Valley AC duo take victories in final race of 2019 GP Series
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
The final race of the 2019 Sportlink GP Series took place in the Great Yarmouth Road Runners organised East Coast 10K on Sunday.
It proved to be a double success for Waveney Valley AC as both Matthew Jeffries and Sam Lines took victories in the men's and women's races.
Jeffries, who also won the Humpty Dumpty 10K earlier this year, took the win in 33:22 with Michael Eccles (Bure Valley Harriers) runner-up in 34:15. Ryston Runners' James O'Neill, who won the Holt 10K earlier in the series, was third in 34:35.
MORE: Love running? Join the Run Anglia Facebook group hereMeanwhile, Lines was in a class of her own as the only lady to break 40 minutes in 38:05. Dereham Runners AC's Louise Juby set a big new personal best of 40:32 in second place whilst Jessica Behan (Norwich Road Runners) came third in 40:36.
This was the 12th race of the series and the final standings are due to be released at the Night of Celebrations at the Assembly House on Friday, November 15.
At every grand prix race the winner in each age group scores 100 points, second places scores 99 and so on.
You may also want to watch:
The final standings will aggregate each runner's best seven performances from any of the 12 races.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 3 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 4 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 7 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 8 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 9 Eight men arrested after multiple stabbing in Norwich
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns