East Coast 10K: Waveney Valley AC duo take victories in final race of 2019 GP Series
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
The final race of the 2019 Sportlink GP Series took place in the Great Yarmouth Road Runners organised East Coast 10K on Sunday.
It proved to be a double success for Waveney Valley AC as both Matthew Jeffries and Sam Lines took victories in the men's and women's races.
Jeffries, who also won the Humpty Dumpty 10K earlier this year, took the win in 33:22 with Michael Eccles (Bure Valley Harriers) runner-up in 34:15. Ryston Runners' James O'Neill, who won the Holt 10K earlier in the series, was third in 34:35.
MORE: Love running? Join the Run Anglia Facebook group hereMeanwhile, Lines was in a class of her own as the only lady to break 40 minutes in 38:05. Dereham Runners AC's Louise Juby set a big new personal best of 40:32 in second place whilst Jessica Behan (Norwich Road Runners) came third in 40:36.
This was the 12th race of the series and the final standings are due to be released at the Night of Celebrations at the Assembly House on Friday, November 15.
At every grand prix race the winner in each age group scores 100 points, second places scores 99 and so on.
You may also want to watch:
The final standings will aggregate each runner's best seven performances from any of the 12 races.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 8 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 9 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 10 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit