East Anglia maintain perfect start
East Anglia continued their perfect start to their 2011 Anaco Norfolk Summer League campaign with their third successive maximum points haul as they beat Diss 17-2.
Nick Stringer, Ashley Briggs and Liam Nolan all won their matches in straight games while Gareth Joubert beat Dan Calver 3-2 and also teamed up with Nolan to win the one game of doubles.
Broadland, who beat Barnham Broom 14-8 and Diss 15-5, are also unbeaten. Against Barnham Steve Moxey and Ian Cox both won 3-1 against Ian Thompson and Simon Howling respectively while Barnham had to settle for two 3-2 victories from Craig Aldred and Vince Somers, who beat Rob Hambrook and Matthew Hawkes.
Earlier against Diss both Jamie Goodrich and Rob Hambrook won in straight games against Neil Cross and Tom Bobbins while Eric Plane beat Dan Calver 3-2. Jack Bell, who beat Tony Gay 3-1, was the one Diss winner.
At the other end of the table Oasis are still looking for their first win of the summer after going down 12-6 at home to Potters. Ali Ponder beat Paul Field 3-1 and Paul Atterton won 3-0 against Liam Baines but straight game victories for Dave Gouldby and Andy Wright over Mark Thomas and Terry Mayes plus a win in the doubles gave Potters the bonus points.
You may also want to watch:
In Division One Barnham Broom II are still unbeaten after their 13-5 victory over Broadland II. Adie Martin and Adam Goodson both won their matches in straight games while Luke Plumridge came from 0-2 down to win a five game thriller against Jon Bird 6-9 5-9 9-5 9-3 10-9.
Mark Warner, who beat Craig Matless 3-0, was the one Broadland winner.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water
In their previous match Broadland had enjoyed more success against Oasis II, winning 14-6 with Matthew Hawkes, Kevin Cooke and Mark Martin all winning their matches 3-0, 3-2 and 3-1 respectively.
Barnham Broom III and Wensum Lodge shared the points in an 8-8 draw in Division Two. Neil Sutton and Jon Getley both won in straight games for Barnham while Steve Cunningham and Marco Valori did the same for Wensum.
Potters II were too strong for Oasis III winning 16-2, with Kevin Sewell and Richard Soanes both winning 3-0.