East Anglia claim City League crown
East Anglia Tennis and Squash Club's ladies' City League A team have won the top division of the City League.
Captained by Jenny Barton with Sally Bridgstock, Caroline Strickland, Anne Dismorr, Susie Hill, Kimberley Burgess, Amy Partridge, Maria Andrews, Jeanette Baxter and Gina Montgomery, the team won 10 matches and only lost to the ever-strong Cromer (away).
The B team struggled as they were unexpectedly in Division Two due to further entries in the league, as did the C team who were promoted to Division Three.
But the essence of the competition has always been enjoyment and this was obviously manifest this season.
A celebratory supper at the club was attended by all but a few. Pam Reeve and Rachel Batley put on a lovely spread and the captains were presented with cyclamen-planted baskets prepared by Margaret Brockes.
You may also want to watch:
New members are always welcome at EAT&SC.
For further information please call 01603 453532.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 4 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 5 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 6 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 9 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 10 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house