Early try sets up Diss win
Brentwod 7, Diss 24: Diss delighted their supporters as they stretched their unbeaten run in London 1N to six matches.
They could not have made a better start. From the kick-off Fraser Hall broke deep into the opposition territory, stayed on his feet and the supporting players formed an unstoppable wedge which flew over the remaining yards for a try. Warren Wilby converted.
The two packs joined battle up front in a ferocious scrap for dominance. Diss forwards did gain the upper hand but could not subdue the excellent home pack entirely. Having committed much of their defence to the forward battle, chances did occur wider out for the Diss backs, Aaron Bliss using his pace to score under the posts for Wilby to convert.
The visitors' backs looked rapid all afternoon and after a break Bliss offloaded to Hall for his second try of the half, which went unconverted, to give Diss a 19-0 lead.
On their third chance to kick for the corner Brentwood changed tactics, took the lineout five metres from the visitors' line and drove over for a converted try in the corner.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was a tale of the home side powering towards the low corner of the pitch and a superb defensive effort from the whole Diss team. Brentwood lost a second front row player to injury and the scrums went uncontested. Though the home side pressed hard for a score Diss had the last word as Bliss broke a couple of tackles and went over the line for a bonus point fourth try which went unconverted.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 3 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 4 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 7 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 8 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town