Dunston Hall clinch top golf service honour
De Vere Dunston Hall staff are celebrating after scooping a national award for excellence in golf.
Dunston Hall came out on top in the annual '59 Club awards, which recognises leading golf service providers across the UK, by clinching the title of Best Golf Service Provider in the UK 2011.
The '59 Club, which sets the benchmark for golf service delivery in the UK, recognises venues for their commitment to client satisfaction through a number of criteria, from phone call analysis to golf course presentation and food and beverage service. Each venue is marked independently by a panel of 'mystery' visitors and members, to ensure that a fair, unbiased and accurate representation of customer service is accumulated.
Dunston Hall golf sales manager and PGA pro Richard Tidy admitted he was a little in shock after the award but believes it's fully deserved, he said: 'We were up against hundreds of hotels from around the UK. It's probably the biggest award we can win in golf. The 59 Club provide a benchmark for customer service in golf.
'They test us on individuals arriving at the venue, but they also test us on our group bookings. For instance if we had a group of 20 guys ring up and play and they will test call us on how we sell it, what our follow up procedure is and what I send them out. Obviously they come and test the venue itself, the food, the course, the welcome, the changing facilities and just the whole golf experience basically.
You may also want to watch:
'The course is in great shape but we've also a very good and close-knit team and we all work very well together. I am over the moon and very proud.'
De Vere were also awarded Golf Group of the Year for the second consecutive year as six of its golf resorts were recognised by the '59 Club'
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 7 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham
De Vere Golf was recognised alongside individual resorts at the event which was held at De Vere Mottram Hall, with no fewer than six De Vere venues picking up an award.
Among the winners were European Tour venues Wychwood Park and Slaley Hall, as well as Carden Park, Dunston Hall, Heron's Reach and Oulton Hall which all won the coveted '4-Star Service' award, the highest standard awarded on the night.