Dublin to continue Mr Versatile role
Dion Dublin will continue to be Mr Versatile for Norwich City this season. The 38-year-old is equally adept at centre half as he is at centre forward - and that's not going to change in the new season - Dublin's last as a professional after a career which stretches back to 1988.
Dion Dublin will continue to be Mr Versatile for Norwich City next season.
The 38-year-old is equally adept at centre half as he is at centre forward - and that's not going to change in the new season - Dublin's last as a professional after a career which stretches back to 1988.
“I see him as both,” said Grant, who persuaded the former Coventry and Aston Villa player to stay at Carrow Road for a second season.
“I am very fortunate to have somebody with his abilities available to us. I know Dion would love to be a striker, but the beauty is he is good in both areas.
You may also want to watch:
“That was one of the things that I wanted him to be here for, because he gives us that value along with his experience in the dressing room - along with experience round and about the training ground.
“I think it is important that youngsters learn off him, not just on the pitch, but why he is in such good shape as he is.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
“Someone like young Chris Martin - you have to look at Dion Dublin, he's 20 years or more his senior and that is what it takes day in and day out.
“I would love to have him as a striker and you see the problems he causes as a striker, but I think I have a good mixture of both - he can cover at the back and gives us something different up the field and I think he still has a major part to play in the group.”