Drohan’s late strike sees Pelicans pick up a point
EAST WOMEN'S LEAGUE: Rachel Drohan netted a late equaliser to earn Pelicans a point with a 2-2 draw at Watton in Division 1N.
Pelicans' bright start to the game was rewarded when Jane Proctor produced a smart strike after five minutes. Watton fought back with a fine solo goal and a second half penalty corner giving them the lead, but Pelicans' pressure told two minutes from time when Drohan popped up with the equaliser.
Norwich City crumbled to an 11-2 defeat at leaders Lincoln, with Leigh Ann Worrall and Frankie Birkenhead on target for the visitors.
In the Premier Division, Dereham's three-match winning run was halted with a 4-1 defeat at Holcombe.
Broadland slumped to a 5-1 home defeat against North Walsham in Division 2NE.
You may also want to watch:
Walsham scored twice before Tracy Buxton pulled one back for Broadland. Walsham confirmed their superiority with two more penalty corner strikes and another goal from a sweeping move.
Sprowston's 3-0 win at home to Norwich Dragons II kept them in touch with the leaders.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 4 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 8 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
The hosts took an early lead when Becky Cox's shot was deflected into the net by Sarah Miller and Cox then set Amy Lewis-Butler up for the second.
The result was put beyond doubt when Kerry Hamilton fed Lewis-Butler for her second.