Drohan’s late strike sees Pelicans pick up a point
EAST WOMEN'S LEAGUE: Rachel Drohan netted a late equaliser to earn Pelicans a point with a 2-2 draw at Watton in Division 1N.
Pelicans' bright start to the game was rewarded when Jane Proctor produced a smart strike after five minutes. Watton fought back with a fine solo goal and a second half penalty corner giving them the lead, but Pelicans' pressure told two minutes from time when Drohan popped up with the equaliser.
Norwich City crumbled to an 11-2 defeat at leaders Lincoln, with Leigh Ann Worrall and Frankie Birkenhead on target for the visitors.
In the Premier Division, Dereham's three-match winning run was halted with a 4-1 defeat at Holcombe.
Broadland slumped to a 5-1 home defeat against North Walsham in Division 2NE.
You may also want to watch:
Walsham scored twice before Tracy Buxton pulled one back for Broadland. Walsham confirmed their superiority with two more penalty corner strikes and another goal from a sweeping move.
Sprowston's 3-0 win at home to Norwich Dragons II kept them in touch with the leaders.
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 6 Owner of popular bakery rushed into intensive care 120 miles from home
- 7 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 8 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 9 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 10 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
The hosts took an early lead when Becky Cox's shot was deflected into the net by Sarah Miller and Cox then set Amy Lewis-Butler up for the second.
The result was put beyond doubt when Kerry Hamilton fed Lewis-Butler for her second.