Driver issues to deal with for both Lotus and Caterham ahead of 2014
- Credit: LAT Photographic
Lotus driver Romain Grosjean admits he wanted a run in last week's Silverstone test to get a better understanding of Pirelli's new tyres.
Grosjean did not get a chance to run the E21 – which was the same for Kii Raikkonen, whose session was ditched after the schedule restrictions for teams from Pirelli became clear.
'As a driver, you always want to be in car getting as much experience as possible; especially when there's something new like different tyres,' Grosjean said. 'The tyres we used at Nurburgring suited us pretty well, so let's hope the latest version will also suit us at Hungaroring.'
Grosjean is fighting to keep his Enstone seat for 2014, while Raikkonen continues to be linked with replacing Mark Webber at Red Bull.
Meanwhile, Hingham-backed Caterham are set to make a decision on its 2014 driver line-up at the end of the season. Rumours over the futures of Dutch rookie Giedo van der Garde and Frenchman Charles Pic have been around all season.
You may also want to watch:
Team principal Cyril Abiteboul said: 'Maybe a little more experience would have done us no harm, but on the other hand a better car would also have helped them. The knife cuts both ways.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship