Driven out: New-boy Ryan Robbins leaves King’s Lynn Town after abuse from minority of club’s fans
- Credit: IAN BURT
Gary Setchell has blasted the small minority of fans he insists have driven Ryan Robbins out of King's Lynn Town.
The Linnets boss hit the roof at the weekend after one of his big-name summer signings decided to leave the club before even kicking a ball due to some supporters' continued animosity towards him on the internet.
The Leicester-based 25-year-old now looks likely to sign for Evo-Stik Premier Division rivals Barwell and Lynn's manager is absolutely furious to have lost the services of the electric frontman.
Setchell said: 'I'm absolutely gutted. We've lost a very, very good striker because some people couldn't let bygones be bygones for the good of the team.
'Ryan thinks it's safer for his son to watch him play his football elsewhere because he didn't want him to hear any of the abuse he's been getting. Ryan's a non-league footballer, a non-league footballer, he's not on thousands of pounds a week. The treatment of him by some has been an absolute disgrace.
You may also want to watch:
'He's not come in on a huge wage either, like some fans have been saying he has. I'm absolutely furious about it all. This job is hard enough as it is without losing a player of Ryan's calibre through non-footballing reasons.'
The striker, who had numerous run-ins with Lynn fans during his time with Coalville Town, bagged 34 goals last term and was expected to be a massive part of Setchell's plans. But now the Lynn manager is going to be forced to look for another hitman.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid