Drayton put in dazzling performance to win Sunday Junior Cup as Norfolk finals get under way
- Credit: Norfolk FA
The first of 10 Norfolk cup finals got under way with Drayton Dazzlers lifting the Sunday Junior Cup.
The Dazzlers beat Rockland United Under-19s 4-1 in the final at the Football Development Centre in Norwich, in front of over 250 spectators.
Goals from Danny Shafiyan, Ben Hughes, Dillon Alexander & Owen Spooner sealed the win for Drayton on Friday night, with Joe Sparry nodding in Rockland's goal.
Two junior finals followed on Sunday, with St Andrews lifting the Stuart Dracup Cup in the under-14 final in the morning at the FDC.
St Andrews skipper Toby Duncan scored the only goal in the closing stages against Attleborough Town, striking a low shot from the edge of the area to spark wild celebrations.
You may also want to watch:
The U16 final followed in the afternoon, with Firside Athletic comfortable 5-0 winners against Reffley Youth in the John Savage Cup final.
Two free-kicks from Josh Ford were added to by a solo effort from Owen Murphy before the break and the victory was completed by goals from Rhys Manley and Aedan Oliver in the second half.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
The finals continue at the FDC, in Bowthorpe, this Friday when Hewett Old Boys battle North Walsham Town for the Sunday Intermediate Cup in a 7.30pm kick-off. That will then be followed by:
• Norfolk Primary Cup: Dereham Taverners v Castle Acre Swifts – Friday, April 7 (7.30pm)
• Norfolk Veterans' Cup: Thetford Town v Cringleford Veterans – Friday, April 21 (7.30pm)
• Norfolk Women's Cup: Wymondham Town v Thorpe United – Friday, April 28 (7.30pm)
The action then moves to Carrow Road next month for the last three finals:
• Norfolk Senior Cup: King's Lynn Town v Fakenham Town – Monday, May 22 (7.30pm)
• Norfolk Junior Cup: UEA V Runton United – Tuesday, May 23 (7.30pm)
• Sunday Senior Cup: Windmill v CSKA Emneth – Wednesday, May 24 (7.30pm)
Norfolk FA will be hosting a half-time crossbar challenge at each of the FDC finals with all proceeds going to the FA's Charity of the Year, the Bobby Moore Fund. For full details and entry costs, go to NorfolkFA.com