Dragons fail to make it two in a row
EAST LEAGUE ROUND-UP: Having got back to winning ways last week Norwich Dragons came away from Harleston Magpies III empty handed as they lost 4-2 in a Division 2N fixture.
Magpies opened the scoring early on with Brandt lashing a bouncing ball into the roof of the net. They continued to create pressure, moving the ball quickly to their forwards, but as the half wore on Dragons came more into the game, launching attacks of their own.
They were awarded a penalty stroke when Browne's strike from a penalty corner was judged to have been stopped on the line by a foot of a defender and this was expertly converted by Snelling.
Magpies then restored their lead, their forward diving full length to deflect an early cross into the Dragons' goal.
The game continued to be evenly matched after the break, the difference being two well taken goals on the break from Magpies. Wagstaff scored a second from a penalty corner for Dragons to complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
In the same section Norwich City II's promotion bid suffered a surprise setback when they lost 3-1 at bottom side Bourne, with James Greig scoring their goal. Will Stuttard was City's man of the match.
In Division 1N already relegated Dereham's II unhappy season continued when they lost 9-1 at Cambridge City II.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 8 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
City III beat Ipswich IV 3-1 in Division 4NE (Guy Marchant 2, Chris Baker) while in Division 5NE City IV maintained top spot in impressive style courtesy of a 5-0 victory over Ipswich Cranes II, with Luke de Pear Brown scoring twice and Nigel Cushion, Sam Matthews and Richard Sparrow also hitting the target.
With rivals Sudbury III also winning to remain locked with City on 44 points, the title race looks set to go to the final day of the season.
Norwich Dragons III were beaten 5-1 at Harleston VII in Division 6NE. Mark Flatman scored Dragons' only goal while keeper Nick Franklin made some outstanding saves to keep the score down. In winning Magpies kept up their 100pc record for the season and also scored their 100th goal.