Dragons beat Broadland in Empresa League’s match of the day
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Dragons III beat Broadland 2-1 in the Premier Division's match of the day to move three points clear at the top.
The early season pacesetters both went into the match at Taverham with 100 percent records and it was the visitors who maintained their perfect start.
After dominating possession Dragons found the breakthrough they were looking for midway through the first half and then found the net again to lead 2-0 at the break, with Hannah Ellis and Harriet Green getting the goals.
In spite of losing their captain Jenny Whiting, Broadland stepped up a gear and pulled a goal back in the second half. Dani Parke deceived the Dragons' defence and keeper with a delightful lob to make it 2-1 but the hosts couldn't find an equaliser.
Lucy Morton was player-of-the-match for Dragons for the second week running.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft Railway moved up to second, a point ahead of Broadland, after winning 5-1 at Harleston Magpies IV, while Dereham III and Norwich City IV share fourth spot.
Dereham beat Dragons V 1-0 while City turned on the style to hammer UEA II 6-0. Amelia Ellis-Baumber led the way by scoring a hat-trick while Hannah Sangar, Holly Robinson and Annabel Pounder were also on target.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 6 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 7 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 8 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Family's tribute to much loved motorcyclist, 21, involved in A10 crash
City's thirds also scored six, with visitors Evergreens replying once. Eliza Barclay was the hat-trick star in this fixture, with Rachael Phillips (2) and Sophia Basset scoring the others.
The remaining top flight game saw Loddon win 3-0 at Dragons IV.
Broadland II continue to lead the way in Division One following a fourth straight win, 4-2 at Watton II.
Nikki Kent scored twice to put Broadland in control and although Charlotte Clubb pulled one back. Abi Dennison made it 3-1 after the break and Kent completed her hat-trick before Catherine Snowling got a consolation.
Dragons VI went marching on at the top of Division Two when they beat fellow high-flyers Broadland III 2-0, with both goals being scored by Amy Forse.
Dragons VII went top of Division Three with a 2-0 win over Watton III (Jess Vernon, Mia McGhee).