Downham Town cricketers beaten in semi-finals at Lord’s
- Credit: PA
Downham Town's cricketers missed out on glory at the finals of ECB Indoor National Club Championships, which took place at the MCC Academy at Lord's on Sunday.
The Norfolk Alliance outfit, who had done superbly just to make it to the home of cricket, were beaten in their semi-final by eventual winners Sarisbury Athletic.
The Hampshire outfit showed their batting power as they reached 151-2, with four players making 25 or more. Angus Stuart made 34 in Downham's reply but Josh Hill took 2-12 and Shayne Freemantle 1-16 as they were dismissed for 81.
Sarisbury went on to complete their second successive national triumph when they beat Broadstairs in the final. They made an impressive 170-3 from their 12 overs and then dismissing their Kent opponents for 131.
Downham will now be switching their focus back to outdoor game, with the new
You may also want to watch:
Alliance season starting on April 29.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit