Double celebration for Tri-Anglia youngster Billie-Jordan Butler
- Credit: Submitted
Great Hockham youngster Billie-Jordan Butler has been celebrating a double success.
The eight-year-old Tri-Anglia member won the Triathlon England Eastern Region Championship in her age group.
With triathlon wins in Essex, Norwich, Leighton Buzzard, Peterborough and Ipswich, along with a duathlon win in Bedford and an aquathlon win in Essex, Billie-Jordan took the title in the Tristart category with the maximum possible 50,000 points.
She managed to finish on the podium in all but two of her races this year, one after a bike crash while she was leading, and the other after suffering a puncture, again while leading.
Billie-Jordan, who is also a member of Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club and attends Great Hockham Primary School, picked up her regional title at the Triathlon England eastern region awards in Braintree.
You may also want to watch:
She was the only Norfolk youngster to achieve a top-three place in any age group in the Eastern Region league so was the only Tri-Anglia and Norfolk representative at the awards. Billie-Jordan also won Tristart Athlete of the Year award at Tri-Anglia's ceremony at Assembly House in Norwich.
- 1 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 5 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency