Double blow for King’s Lynn Town: Steve Spriggs off to Boston United and Romulus game postponed
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Top goalscorer Steve Spriggs is leaving King's Lynn Town to join Blue Square North Boston United.
The 18-goal winger has been in scintillating form this term and has attracted the attention of a host of teams from higher up the non-league ladder.
But he found an approach from Boston, who play two levels above Lynn, too good to turn down and is heading out of The Walks for the second time.
Boss Gary Setchell said: 'I'm bitterly disappointed. We tried everything to keep him but he couldn't resist the lure of higher-level football.'
Spriggs left Lynn last season to play professional football in Sweden but returned in the summer to spearhead Lynn's fine start to life at Step Four and a memorable run in the FA Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
The right-sided midfielder's departure comes as a huge blow having scored a stunning 63 goals in just 129 appearances.
- As expected, the Linnets game at struggling Romulus this evening has been postponed due to the freezing and snowy conditions which continue to sweep the country.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
- Read tomorrow's paper for an interview with Boston-bound winger Spriggs.