Former Scole boss Jon Abbott is the new manager of Diss Town
- Credit: Archant
Jon Abbott has taken a step up the football ladder to take over as manager of Thurlow Nunn League Division One North strugglers Diss Town.
Abbott decided to leave his position at Anglian Combination top flight outfit Scole United to take on a big new challenge three miles down the road.
He takes over from Jason Cook, who resigned just before Christmas with the Tangerines struggling near the foot of the table after a poor first half of the campaign.
Former boss Mike Derbyshire had been holding the fort and oversaw a 5-2 win at Leiston Reserves last Saturday.
A statement from the Tangerines read: 'Diss Town are pleased to confirm Jon Abbott as new first team manager. Jon's assistant is Lewis Plowman. A warm welcome to Jon and Lewis and best wishes for success at Diss. Big thanks also to Mike Derbyshire for all you did for the club.'
You may also want to watch:
Abbott guided Scole to promotion from Division One of the Anglian Combination last season and leaves them in fifth position in the Premier Division.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 4 Water outages hit homes across city
- 5 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 6 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 7 People released from car after crash closes road
- 8 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 9 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 10 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143