Diss Town 1, Dereham Town 1

Dereham lost their 100 percent league record but remain unbeaten following an eventful game at Brewers Green Lane.

Sam Willis replaced the injured Gary Starling at left back whilst Jay Eastoe-Smith replaced the unavailable Adam Gusterson in the Dereham starting line up.

With Starling missing Luke Tuttle delivered an early dangerous free kick into the Diss box before Jay Eastoe-Smith rose well in the sixth minute and saw his downward header cleared off the line from a Tuttle corner. In the 10th minute Nicky Howell clipped the ball from the byline across the Diss six yard line with the ball clipping the bar as Dereham came close again.

The Magpies opened the scoring in the 20th minute. Sam Willis chipped a deep ball towards the far post from the left towards Luke Tuttle who squared to Scott Sutherland-Gray. The in-form striker's initial effort was superbly saved by Matthew Webster but the Dereham man bravely headed the loose ball home from close range.

Diss won three corners before they levelled matters in the 28th minute. Home skipper Mark Shadrack delivered a perfectly weighted centre from the right towards the unmarked Adam Burroughs who netted from point blank range.

Diss keeper Webster had to get down well to keep out a powerful Luke Hannant drive before Tuttle had another long range strike deflected just wide. Play became scrappy as half-time approached and it was all square at the break.

In the 50th minute Sutherland-Gray progressed deep into the Diss half before finding Sam Borrer who hit the top of the bar from 20 yards. From their next attack Luke Tuttle smashed the ball against the home post from an acute angle as Dereham upped the tempo. Diss won a free kick on the right and Brendan Foley glanced Stuart Garner's well directed centre narrowly wide in the 57th minute.

Most Read

In the 63rd minute Joel Brien was pushed over in the box by Olly Willis with the referee pointing to the spot. Dereham keeper Andy Wilton leapt to his left to make a brilliant save from Stuart Garner's spot kick.

Sam Willis had to be replaced following a strong challenge before Sutherland-Gray headed a Tuttle corner over the top. In the 88th minute Sutherland-Gray could not convert a Bussens centre at the far post before Webster made a great save from an Eastoe-Smith header following a corner from the right as the sides shared the points.