Diss Saracens 24, Beccles II 5
A large crowd saw Diss Saracens come through a tough encounter to win the Norfolk Plate.
Andrew Horne opened the scoring after 20 minutes when he crashed over the line after a spell of Diss pressure. Beccles continued to cause difficulties at the breakdown but struggled to keep possession with Seb Goodge repeatedly kicking them back deep into their half.
From good line-out ball won by youngster Joe Brock the Diss backs showed their pace for Aaron Bliss to sprint under the posts with Goodge converting for a 12-0 half-time lead.
Beccles were camped on the Diss line for the first five minutes of the second half but couldn't get over and when Diss stormed up field youngster Fraser Barron showed great pace to skip through five tackles and set up Bliss for his second try with Goodge converting from the touchline.
Barron then scored a try himself before Beccles managed a consolation score late on.
You may also want to watch:
The extra skill and pace of the Diss team proved the difference in a hard fought encounter that was a fitting end to the season for the Saracens.
- 1 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 8 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 9 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 10 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal