Diss Mere beats freeze but catches prove limited
For the past two weekends, Diss Mere has held the only matches of the week for Diss Angling Club.
With Eye Ponds frozen over, the November 28 match was moved and fished around the pleasure anglers.
Andrew Mears fished the tip and had a couple of bites, which included a crucian carp, which weighed 3lb 1� oz. Mears ended the match with 6lb 9�oz. Second was Mark Ling, who managed 2lb 2oz of roach and rudd from the waggler. Third was George Wilby with 1lb 8oz.
The first match in the Gordon Johnson winter series on December 4 saw a few patches of ice sitting on the surface and melting snow and cold water pulled down the temperature.
Four anglers on the park side all blanked but Jimmy Ellis found two carp and a skimmer, all on the tip, to take the win with 6lb 7oz. Second was junior angler Ashley Emms, who found one carp for his 2lb 9oz. Third was Peter Wall with 11oz.
• Those who have braved the weather at Blackdyke this week have had some good limit bags.
Lures on intermediate lines or sink tips have been the order of the day. Ring for details on being frozen over.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 3 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 4 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 7 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 8 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 9 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 10 Norse chief executive quits for personal reasons
Blackdyke will be closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day but between Christmas and New Year there is a four-fish ticket get a fifth fish free.
For more information, contact P Speed on 07525 730447.