Diss 13, Chingford 9
Diss were rewarded for their perserverance when they scored a last-gasp try to secure victory in their latest London 1N fixture.
A tough match between two well-matched sides looked to be going Chingford's way until Giles West popped up with a fine individual score in the dying seconds.
The first half was real battle of attrition, with Diss making it hard for themselves by attempting to outmuscle the big Chingford fowards. Try scoring chances were at a real premium but there were no shortage of penalty opportunties, with two being slotted over by both sides.
Chris Beaird did the honours for Diss but it was his opposite number who took centre stage after the break to give Chingford a 9-6 lead.
It looked for all the world that Diss would be heading for their sixth league defeat in 10 league matches but West's late moment of inspiration changed all that, with his run under the posts allowing Beaird to give the home side a four point margin of victory.
You may also want to watch:
As a result of the win Diss are now seventh in the table with four wins, a draw and five defeats, well away from the relegation zone whilst also some distance from the battle for promotion.
Phil Sharpe's side have a break from action next weekend with their next league match away to an improving Beaconsfield side on November 17.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release