Diss 12, Luton 5
The accurate kicking of Chris Beaird proved decisive as Diss stretched their unbeaten run in London 1N to four matches on Saturday.
Diss were unable to cross the Luton line but Beaird was successful with four penalty kicks to see his side home.
His first penalty gave Diss the lead but the impressive visitors replied with a push-over try from a line-out to move 5-3 ahead.
Beaird's second penalty made it 6-5 at the break and two further kicks in the second half completed a hard-earned victory that pleased coach Phil Sharpe.
'We were up against a well drilled side and the boys stuck together out there and came away with a well deserved win,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'We talked a lot before the game about how we needed to take what we were showing on the training pitch into the games – and the players responded well.
'They ground out a result and gave us a platform to build on to get to where we want to be.'
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 5 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 6 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night