Diss 12, Luton 5
The accurate kicking of Chris Beaird proved decisive as Diss stretched their unbeaten run in London 1N to four matches on Saturday.
Diss were unable to cross the Luton line but Beaird was successful with four penalty kicks to see his side home.
His first penalty gave Diss the lead but the impressive visitors replied with a push-over try from a line-out to move 5-3 ahead.
Beaird's second penalty made it 6-5 at the break and two further kicks in the second half completed a hard-earned victory that pleased coach Phil Sharpe.
'We were up against a well drilled side and the boys stuck together out there and came away with a well deserved win,' he said.
You may also want to watch:
'We talked a lot before the game about how we needed to take what we were showing on the training pitch into the games – and the players responded well.
'They ground out a result and gave us a platform to build on to get to where we want to be.'
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree