Devils reach halfway point in good shape
Essex Spartans 0, Norwich Devils 21American Football: Norwich Devils reached the half way point of the regular season with five wins out of five following a solid victory in Essex.
Essex Spartans 0, Norwich Devils 21
Norwich Devils reached the half way point of the regular season with five wins out of five following a solid victory in Essex.
The Devils started the game in style, taking just three plays to open the scoring on their first possession. Quarterback Troy Schmidgall found receiver Ben Barker from 59 yards out and Barker then carried the ball all the way for a touchdown, with Ben Green kicking the extra point.
They had to wait until the second quarter before they added to their score. Running back Ian Burchett capped a drive with a six-yard scoring run and again Green added the extra point.
You may also want to watch:
Leading 14-0 at the break, Devils stretched their lead when middle linebacker Travis Simmonds came up with an interception which gave Norwich the ball. Following two incomplete passes, Schmidgall completed the pass to receiver John Sherwood for a 29-yard score and Green again kicked the extra point to complete the scoring.
The Devils now have two weeks off before their next game against the East Midlands Saxons at Hewett School on Sunday, July 8. kick off at 2.30pm.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit