Dersingham Rovers and Blofield United boost challenge for Anglian Combination title
Dersingham Rovers and Blofield United registered convincing victories to boost their challenge for the Premier Division title.
In the only two top flight games to survive the weather on Saturday, Dersingham beat Loddon 5-2 and Blofield won 6-1 at North Walsham.
Daniel Jezeph was the hat-trick hero for Rovers, with Thomas Anderson and Aaron Proctor also on target. Alex Brown scored for Loddon, who also had an own goal.
Dersingham move up to third, five points behind Blofield, who are now level on points with leaders Acle.
Benjamin Morgan scored twice for Blofield and their other goals came from Chris Holmes, James Bulman, Ashley Mitchell and Damian Didwell. Paul Wheeler netted for Walsham.
You may also want to watch:
Acle were in Mummery Cup action and they booked their place in the final with a 2-0 victory at Kirkley & Pakefield Reserves.
Ricci Butler and Ricky Forder were Acle's scorers.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
The other semi-final, between Norwich CEYMS and Spixworth, was postponed.
The Division One programme was less affected by the weather, with only one match postponed.
Anton Ward hit a hat-trick for Caister in a 4-2 win against Poringland Wanderers, with Garrett Ward also netting. James Harrison scored both goals for Wanderers.
Corton won 4-0 at bottom side Brandon courtesy of strikes from Adam King (2), Andrew Hammersley and Kirk Gowing.
David Bailey scored twice in Stalham's 3-1 success at Horsford, with Daniel Tindall also finding the net. Ross Pantry replied for Horsford.
Watton United won 4-0 at Wells, with Xavier Huckle (2) and Kevin Bloomfield among the scorers.
Bradenham Wanderers beat second-placed Long Stratton 2-0.