Dereham Town will have to go again after home draw against St Ives Town in the FA Cup
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/phcimages.com
The two sides will replay tomorrow night after an even game at Aldiss Park.
Sam Borrer headed a Frazer Blake-Tracy centre wide in the opening minutes before the visitors took an early lead. Andres Gutierrez chipped the ball into space behind the home defence allowing Ben Seymour-Shove to race forward and lob advancing keeper Andrew Wilton with a neat finish.
St Ives'Jonathon Stead fired a 30-yard free-kick into Wilton's arms as the visitors continued their lively start. Dereham won a free-kick in the 24th minute that led to a corner with defender Matt Howard unlucky to see his 12-yard drive headed off the line by Stead. However, the Magpies did not have to wait too long before they found the equaliser with Borrer surging forward from the centre circle and feeding Ryan Hawkins on his left who progressed before sliding the ball under keeper Barney McLaughlin's body and into the net.
Dereham then nearly netted again when defender Michael Somerfield headed over from close range following a well worked corner. In the 68th minute good play by Will Muzvimbiri set up Seymour-Shove who drilled home his second goal of the game to restore Ives' lead in the 67th minute.
Boss Matt Henman immediately introduced Toby Hilliard and Scott Roberts and both had an immediate effect. Hilliard nearly equalised before Roberts did from the penalty spot in the 72nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
Muzvimbiri was penalised for the push and was shown a red card for dissent. But the hosts couldn't make their man advantage count in the closing stages.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release