Win or bust for Dereham Town against Brentwood Town in play-off quest
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town entertain Brentwood Town at Aldiss Park this evening with their play-off hopes hanging by a thread.
The Magpies must beat the Essex side to keep alive their slim chance of making the top six and sealing a play-off position in the process.
A run of only one win in nine games has seen Dereham slip out of the play-off reckoning with Neal Simmons' side 11 points off sixth place with only 12 points to play for.
Dereham had been in contention for automatic promotion during the first half of the season but they were unable to maintain that pace whilst a three-point deduction for fielding an ineligible player earlier in the campaign hardly helped their cause.
Dereham will be expecting to arrest their alarming form this evening when they take on lowly Brentwood, who are still in need of points to guarantee their Bostik Division One North safety.
You may also want to watch:
Two late goals cost them the points after a gritty performance against Haringey Borough on Saturday. Manager Neal Simmons has some players available again that have been missing,
'It was a disappointing result on Saturday with such late goals following the hard week we have had,' he said. 'We will be trying to secure the highest possible finish and we are hoping to freshen the squad up with some returning players. Brentwood have had some interesting results of late so we will be treating them with the same respect as every other team in this league.'
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement