Dereham Town not getting carried away by fine Ryman Division One North form
Dereham Town may be poised for a play-off push – but boss Matt Henman isn't getting ahead of himself.
The promoted Thurlow Nunn Premier Division champions have settled well into life in Ryman Division One North. But even though the Magpies are just one point off the top five, their manager is keeping his feet on the ground.
Henman said: 'We need to keep picking up points and then see if we are around the top 10 at Christmas. There will be teams in the league, ourselves included, that are ambitious. Some will be spending a bit of money to try and get out of this league.
'But we won't be chopping and changing our squad. We are building something here with some stability for the future.
'Three wins and a draw from our last four games is pleasing. But it's very tight between the top 10 or so teams in the league. We're all a couple of wins away from being in the shake-up around the play-off places, or a couple from being dragged towards the bottom. We're not taking anything for granted.'
You may also want to watch:
Dereham, ninth, entertain fifth-placed Aveley at Aldiss Park this afternoon. Henman is likely to recall Shaun Bammant and Danny Beaumont who were both rested for the midweek trip to Harlow Town due to fears their niggling injuries could be aggravated by the club's artificial 3G surface.
Craig Bussens and Kyle Downes found the net which helped secure the 2-2 draw on Tuesday night.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 5 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 Former village pub for sale as home
- 9 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 10 Norwich City star tipped to reject move to Tottenham