Brentwood 1 Dereham Town 1: Magpies held on the road
- Credit: Archant
Dereham were fortunate to gain a point at the Brentwood Stadium in Bostik League Division One North.
Danny Beaumont tested Anthony Brown in the opening minutes with a low drive that the home keeper handled securely.
The Magpies were doing all of the early probing and Sam Borrer gained possession before finding Rhys Logan, who fired a 20-yard strike wide.
Brentwood created their first opportunity in the 15th minute with Matt Castellan clearing James Pugsley's ball from the right.
As play switched ends Dereham's Rhys Logan had what looked like a perfectly good effort ruled out for offside.
However the lively winger opened the scoring in the 23rd minute with a well worked goal. Beaumont progressed down the left and passed inside to David Hinton and the Magpies skipper beat his man before crossing towards Logan, who forced the ball home from close range.
Dereham continued to look the most likely and Logan fired well wide from distance following good build up play involving Beaumont and Steve Taylor.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Weather warning issued as wintry showers expected to cause icy conditions
- 3 Teenager admits stabbing three people in Norwich city centre
- 4 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 5 More than 80 Norfolk parishes protest against wind farm plans
- 6 Man stopped 504 people from getting jabs after gluing vaccine centre locks
- 7 MP 'not concerned' about single Omicron case in north Norfolk
- 8 'Oh God almighty, this woman!' - Zoom council meeting descends into chaos
- 9 Tributes paid to much-loved family man who died in A143 crash
- 10 Road closed for 'emergency' repairs to Victorian footbridge
Robbie Linford hit a powerful 25-yard drive into Page's arms before the home side wasted a good chance in the 40th minute.
Alfie Hilton's deep cross reached the unmarked Luke Foster who volleyed off target when well placed.
After the break Logan was brought down outside the box as he homed in on goal but Beaumont fired the free kick off target.
The home side were denied an equaliser in the 54th minute when Dereham keeper Elliot Pride made a great double save from Jack Gardner. From their next attack Daryl Robson rattled the visitors' bar.
The Magpies then came close to extending their lead when defender Matt Hall had to clear Logan's cross from his goalline.
In the 64th minute Ryan Crisp found space to exploit and hit a fierce low diagonal drive that forced Page into a crucial save.
Brentwood equalised in the 79th minute when a long ball beat Ollie Ebbage and Tony Stokes ran on before beating the advancing Pride.
Dereham came close to regaining the lead when Castellan's 20 yard drive flashed just wide.
Brentwood pressed in the closing stages with Dereham having to defend robustly.
Brentwood: Page, Pugsley, Brown (Hunter 78), Hall, Dafter, Cavalier, Hilton, Robson (Jones 69), Stokes, Gardner, Foster (Stanley 69). Subs not used: McCabe, Martin.
Dereham: Pride, Anema, Taylor, Linford (Ebbage 56), Howell, Castellan, Logan, Hinton, Crisp, Borrer, Beaumont. Subs not used: Bitsindou, Wengriz.
Referee: C Horsman