Dereham Town 0 AFC Hornchurch 0: Magpies hold league leaders at home
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
Dereham gained a point from an excellent game against the league leaders on a sticky Aldiss Park pitch.
AFC Hornchurch won an early free kick 20 yards out but George Purcell fired tamely into the wall. Dereham had their first chance when Andy Howell found Rhys Logan with a great ball to the right and the winger passed inside to Ryan Crisp who cracked a fierce effort narrowly wide.
Hornchurch replied with Theo Fairweather-Johnson forcing home keeper Elliot Pride to produce a tremendous save to turn his goal bound drive over the bar.
Dereham came close twice following crosses from Logan and Floris Burgers. In the 29th minute home keeper Pride made another superb save to deny Sean Roberts from inside the box. As play switched ends Crisp just failed to make contact with Logan's centre.
After the goalless first half Matthew Castellan headed Jamie Forshaw's free kick wide in the 52nd minute.
You may also want to watch:
From their next attack Danny Beaumont fed Forshaw, who fired into the side netting from an acute angle.
As play remained competitive Hornchurch's Warner picked up Ebbage's wayward clearance but shot off target from just outside the box. The visitors pressed but Andy Howell was commanding in the home defence. Logan fired into the side netting after a flowing move from the Magpies in the 75th minute as both teams continued to search for the elusive first goal.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
Hornchurch won a free kick 25 yards out late on but Pride leapt to his left to turn Warner's curler over the top to safety at full stretch.
Dereham: Pride, Castellan, Taylor, Burgers (Anema 80), Ebbage (Eastoe-Smith 67), Howell, Logan, Hinton, Crisp, Forshaw, Beaumont. Subs not used: Murphy.
AFC Hornchurch: Mott, Bentley, Porter, Lee, Cooper, Olluwatimilejin, Fairweather-Johnson, Roberts, Assombalonga (McKenzie 72), Purcell (Joseph 86), Warner. Subs not used: Hursit, Livings, Styles.
Referee: H Callum