Dereham Town look to build on five-star show against Ryman League North strugglers Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have a chance to heap more misery on struggling Barkingside this afternoon, writes Rene Kendal.
The Magpies, who have won four matches in a row, welcome a side that have tasted glory just once in the last two months and sit 20th in Ryman League North.
Matt Henman's men have climbed up to 11th and can continue their momentum if they record another victory at Aldiss Park.
They go into the match in high spirits having won 5-1 at Great Wakering Rovers last weekend.
Henman said: 'We had to battle in the first half and earn the right to go two up. Our two goals in the last five minutes of the half changed the game's outlook and made my half-time talk easier.
You may also want to watch:
'After the break we defended well and took our chances to finish the game off. Lewis Butcher was in the right place at the right time and benefited from some good approach play by his team-mates to score his hat-trick, and it was great for Robbie Linford to come on and score his first senior goal for the club.'
Sam Borrer and Aaron Kay come back into the squad with Adam Smith also now fully fit.
- 1 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 2 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 3 Four national high street names to move into former M&S store
- 4 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 5 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 6 Store open despite positive Covid test at town centre Sainsbury's
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 Delays as 23m-long caravan travels through Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park