Dereham Town look to build on five-star show against Ryman League North strugglers Barkingside
- Credit: Archant
Dereham Town have a chance to heap more misery on struggling Barkingside this afternoon, writes Rene Kendal.
The Magpies, who have won four matches in a row, welcome a side that have tasted glory just once in the last two months and sit 20th in Ryman League North.
Matt Henman's men have climbed up to 11th and can continue their momentum if they record another victory at Aldiss Park.
They go into the match in high spirits having won 5-1 at Great Wakering Rovers last weekend.
Henman said: 'We had to battle in the first half and earn the right to go two up. Our two goals in the last five minutes of the half changed the game's outlook and made my half-time talk easier.
You may also want to watch:
'After the break we defended well and took our chances to finish the game off. Lewis Butcher was in the right place at the right time and benefited from some good approach play by his team-mates to score his hat-trick, and it was great for Robbie Linford to come on and score his first senior goal for the club.'
Sam Borrer and Aaron Kay come back into the squad with Adam Smith also now fully fit.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 3 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Norfolk Broads boating holiday company named best in Britain
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 8 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 9 54-home plan delayed due to 'nightmare' traffic concerns
- 10 Queen spends the night in hospital, Palace confirms