Dereham Town keen to show their Ryman Division One North improvement
The Magpies host the league's 15th-placed side and boss Matt Henman believes his team have come a long way since they suffered a 4-1 defeat in the reverse fixture just three days into the campaign. Now he is calling on his players to bounce back from last weekend's 2-0 defeat to high-flying Thurrock and show their opponents what they are made of.
Henman said: 'I think we have come a long way from when we played them earlier on in the season and we need to show that this weekend.
'Back in August when we played them we didn't really know what to expect as it was only our second game in the league, but since then we have settled well and that has shown in our results over the last couple of months.
'We know that Cheshunt have made a few changes but they are still a very good side and we are expecting a very tough game.'
Dereham sit seventh after their eight-game unbeaten run was brought to an end on Saturday. But they could jump up to fourth if they win this afternoon and other results go their way.
You may also want to watch:
Henman added: 'It was a frustrating result on Saturday for us but overall I can't fault the lads for their effort.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town