Dereham Town get back to bread and butter after Norfolk Senior Cup victory
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Senior Cup semi-finalists Dereham Town turn their attentions back to maintaining a play-off push this afternoon.
The Magpies stretched their unbeaten run to 10 games in midweek by beating Anglian Combination Premier Division table-toppers Spixworth 2-0 to march into to the last four of the county's premier cup competition.
But it's Ryman League North progression that becomes the main focus again today when Matt Henman's in-form players make the trip to Maldon & Tiptree.
Dereham's hot streak has taken them to within six points of the top five – although they have played more games than almost all of the sides around them.
So they will need to make sure no further ground is lost as they try to reach the end-of-season shoot-out for promotion after a couple of near misses.
You may also want to watch:
Dereham have finished seventh, twice, since moving up to the Step Four division and currently occupy 10th. Maldon, who have suffered back-to-back weather-based postponements, are three places behind them and five points worse off going into their first match since January 2.
- 1 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 2 Man and woman found dead in home
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 7 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 10 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes