Dereham Town flying after another high-scoring win
Dereham Town made it five wins on the bounce to open up a five-point gap at the top of the embryonic Premier Division season.
The Magpies hit four past FC Clacton without reply – a pair of own goals giving them a 2-0 lead inside 10 minutes.
Craig Bussens added a third on 25 minutes before Luke Tuttle completed the scoring with seven minutes of the half remaining.
Dereham have now bagged 15 goals in their five outings, conceding only two, and put clear air between themselves and Wisbech Town, who were beaten 2-1 at Brantham Athletic.
The Fenmen went behind against the run of play on 35 minutes but Ash Stevens equalised six minutes into the second half before the hosts claimed the points.
You may also want to watch:
Promoted Thetford Town are beginning to enjoy life in the Premier Division and moved into seventh with a 2-0 home win over third-placed Woodbridge.
Woodbridge failed to turn pressure into goals and were punished by a disputed free kick and a late penalty.
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 6 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 7 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 8 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
Thetford opened the scoring after 26 minutes with a superb free kick from Valter Rocha into the top corner and claimed the points in the final minute when Rocha's goalbound shot was handled by Kelsey Trotter, resulting in a penalty kick and a red card. Tom Cusack stepped up to score the penalty.
Thetford lost Liam Bolton in the closing seconds after his second yellow card.
There was more misery for Diss Town, who are rock bottom of the table after a 4-1 home defeat by Norwich United.
George Cole grabbed a hat-trick for the Planters, with Nathan Howard also on target, while Diss' goal came from Jason Cole .
In the First Division, goals from Joe Jackson, Alex Vincent and Roy Harper gave Swaffham a 3-1 home win over Braintree Town Reserves, while Downham Town went down 3-0 at Whitton United.